Monday, February 18, 2008

Evacuation Day is Coming




You Are 88% Massachusetts



Wicked pissa! Now go down to Dunkies and celebrate.


One of the questions in this quiz is about Evacuation Day. If you look in the archives of this blaaaahhrrgg you will see that I am not only familiar with, but an enthusiastic celebrant of, Evacuation Day. In fact, I was just reading a book review in today's Globe of a biography of Henry Knox, the key participant in the events leading up to Evacuation Day (along with Ethan Allen and his Green Mountain Boys) and I thought, "that book would make a wonderful Evacuation Day gift."

I noticed that a few other people who took this quiz mentioned that they probably missed out on being 100% Massachusetts because of their dislike of Dunkin Donuts coffee. I think this is a mistake on the part of the quiz's authors. Nobody from Massachusetts actually LIKES Dunkin Donuts coffee, but they drink it anyway because the horrendous taste it leaves in your mouth keeps you wide awake through the morning traffic on 93 or the Expressway.

1 comment:

LEstes65 said...

How funny. I'm visiting VT, NH & CT this week from Texas. And I'm lovin' all the Dunkin action I'm getting while here. We have one Dunkin Donuts in Austin and it's not near where I live. So I'm diggin' it. The coffee I can deal with but the donuts blow Krispy Kreme away. I don't dislike the coffee. But it's too weak for me.

I was lucky enough to avoid 93 on my drive from NH to CT today.