Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Finally summer!

I would be enjoying the balmy summer weather we are finally getting more if it wasn't 64 degrees in my office. Now I know why the woman who had this office before me covered the AC duct in the ceiling. I have to open the window to warm up. This seems to be a problem for everyone I know who works indoors.

I wonder if they air condition schools, now. I remember the teachers turning the lights out to keep the classrooms cool when I was a kid. I thought AC was just for rich people. The landlady had an air conditioner in her living room and I used to go upstairs to her apartment (her youngest son and I were best friends) and stand right in front of it. Now I'll only put our AC in the bedroom if the missus absolutely insists. I just don't like the stale air.

The older I get the pickier I am about temperature control. The range of my "comfort zone" gets more and more narrow each year. Pretty soon I am going to be one of those cranks who bitches if it isn't exactly 77 degrees and 50% humidity (which happens to be the precise readings right now-it figures that I'm stuck in this frigid office). I used to love extreme temperatures. I wanted summer to be 100 and winter to be 20 below. Not anymore.

In an entirely unrelated note: where does Tom Cruise come off making comments about Brooke Shields's career? Tom, she's been making movies since before your girlfriend was born, asshat!

No comments: